Baking Soda is 100 percent sodium bicarbonate used mainly for cooking purpose. Today I am gonna list out the top 10 benefits of baking soda on plants and baking soda in garden soil. It is 100 % biodegradable, non-toxic, inexpensive organic solution in gardening.
1. As a Pesticide & Fungicide: You can make a very effective organic pesticide spray with baking soda to kill harmful pests and insects in garden like the Powdery Mildew, Aphids, Spider mites, Slugs and Snails and also fungus attacks.
The Formula to make a spray is: 1 litre of water + 1 tsp baking soda + 1 tsp vegetable oil or olive oil + 1 tsp of liquid soap or detergent. Mix well to make spray and apply on plants weekly once. For slugs and snail – directly sprinkle on them.
2. Killing Cabbage Worms – Mix 50% baking soda + 50 % flour like wheat flour and sprinkle on the cabbage or broccoli leaves. The worms munch on this and die within 1 or 2 days.
3. Cleaning Plant Foliage to remove dust and dirt which encourages better photosynthesis and better health of your plants. Use half a teaspoon of baking soda in 1 liter of water and use a soft cloth to mop the leaves.
4. Also Clean Garden Tools, Pots and Garden Furniture: Use 1 – 2 teaspoons baking soda + 1- 2 teaspoons of liquid soap in 1 liter of water for cleaning.
5. Sprinkle baking soda on your compost pile to drive away the foul smell.
6. To encourage flower blooming, spray a solution of 1 tsp baking soda in 1 liter of water.
7. You can get Sweeter Tomatoes if you sprinkle the powder around the tomato plants.
8. Weed Killer: sprinkle it on the tufts of weeds. It will burn the foliage and weeds will fade and disappear in a few days.
9. To Keep Cut Flowers Fresh: Just add 1 teaspoon of baking soda into the vase water.
10. NOW THE BAKING SODA HACK To Test the Soil PH without any Gadget: You need baking soda and Vinegar (that is acetic acid) to perform this pH test on your garden soil.
– So when you Pour the vinegar into one of the soil samples and If the soil begins to bubble, it is alkaline, meaning the pH level is above 7.
– If there is no reaction, take your other sample and pour in half cup water and then the baking soda. If the soil bubbles, it means the pH level is below 7, and it is acidic soil. There is also a soil ph testing meter available online.
#bakingsoda, #sodiumbicarbonate, #vinegar, #hacks,
Earthworms in Garden Soil: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OI9f8Hml0pY
Milk in Gardening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61WEepnGMYY
Vermiculite and Perlite: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0ow7crxUfA
Alcohol in Gardening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOmupCDpxc
Alum in Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMOoJZamO-E
Baking Soda in Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2AkJgywb3w
Hydrogen Peroxide in Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLvN64IOOcM
Egg Shell Powder: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4VXKc2d868
Home Made Fertilizers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96WkreSu3vY
Neem Oil Pesticide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6TtdKGIE-0
Epsom Salt in Garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1jw4b1LelE
Aspirin for plants: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkq0puoqx5Q
Vinegar in garden: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZYv80dJUts
Bone Meal for Flowering: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDF2L_ColyI
Rooting Hormone : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uw8021WWjPM
Buy PH Testing Meter Online – https://goo.gl/eUvUbT
SUBSCRIBE TO DOCTORS HEALTH TIPS CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/c/vcare?sub_confirmation=1
(I am a medical doctor with hobby as gardening)
Free SUBSCRIBE TO Our Channel at: http://www.youtube.com/c/gardentips?sub_confirmation=1
CLICK NOTIFICATION BELL TO “ON” TO RECEIVE UPDATES!
Our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/gkvk.net/
Our Twitter URL: https://twitter.com/gkvk_in
Our Instagram Link: https://www.instagram.com/gkvk.in
Also Checkout My Friends Gardening Channel at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0_vW0qlwkB5ClAFFVdKwzQ
Please LIKE and Share your Thoughts and COMMENTS below.
Gardening Videos – PLAYALL: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvE-WOB38X7Z8mAiNYyqcldMQQZCnz5o7
Also please SUBSCRIBE to our channel with Notification Bell “Turned On” to receive notifications on new additions and activity of our channel.
CHECK OUR PLAYLISTS: https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/playlists
Join Our WhatsApp Group to learn from experts: Please Join Here https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/join for a small fee. After Joining, please contact us with your youtube user id and whatsapp number to be added to our Gardening Family. Contact here – https://www.youtube.com/gardentips/about (enquiries). Happy Gardening!
#gardening #gardeningtips #gardentips #gardeningideas #farming #agriculture #botany #plants #garden